Are you ready to build your English presentation skills for business?
Some of our English students want to improve their presentation skills at work.
Is this one of your goals?
Do you ever have to make a presentation at work but feel overwhelmed by the challenge of presenting in English?
This week, we are going to walk you through the steps and help you make your next presentation in English successful!
We are going to show you how to create your introduction in English, how to create the main body of your English presentation,and we'll show you how to close your presentation in English.
Preparing Your Presentation in English
5 Questions to Consider:
- What is your goal for the presentation? Are you trying to sell your company's product? Are you sharing your point of view?
- What is the title of your presentation?
- Who is your audience? How much do they know about the topic? What will they do with the information?
- What do you want to say to your audience? What is your message?
- How would you like the presentation to end? Questions from the audience? Audience members buy the product?
Other things to think about:
- Location of the presentation- What is the size of the room? Will the audience be standing or sitting?
- Equipment and materials- Do you need a computer with Powerpoint? handouts? a whiteboard and a marker?
- Timing- When will the presentation take place and how much time do you have to present?
- Appearance- Have you decided what you will wear for the presentation? It is very important to look professional in most American business environments.
Great! Now you are ready to plan your introduction!