Do you have a few minutes? Try today's English quiz! The best way to learn how to speak with native English speakers is to expand your vocabulary and become familiar with words and expressions that are used in everyday conversations in the United States. In today's quiz, test your knowledge of seven common expressions that you will need to know if you want to carry on a conversation with any native speaker in the U.S. Give it a try and leave a comment below if you have something to add or if you have a question! Good luck!
Choose the Correct Preposition to Complete the Expression
1. Our math class is tough. Even though I do the homework every night, I can't keep _______.
2. I can't believe he pointed _____ the manager's mistakes in front of the whole company!
3. What are you doing tonight? Do you want to hang _____?
4. Don't worry. Things seem stressful right now but this will all blow_____ soon.
5. My house is messy and we are having company over tonight. I have to clean ______ the kitchen.
6. They are way ahead of us. We'll never be able to catch ______.
7. Stop showing _____! Everyone already knows that you are a great tennis player!
Answer Key: 1) c 2) d 3) b 4) a 5) b 6) d 7) c