Are you living in New York as an expat or planning to relocate there sometime soon? Are you struggling to improve your English so that you can communicate with the local people? Put your grammar textbook away! The real question is, do you speak New York City English? Every city has its own "insider" language. If you know the insider phrases, expressions and nicknames like other New Yorkers, you will have an easier time meeting people and connecting with them. So, today's post is your opportunity to find out if you really can speak New York City English. Check out today's video quiz below to learn ten key points that you must know to live like a local in New York.
In today's video quiz, you will learn:
- Vocabulary to use in the subway
- Nicknames and acronyms for neighborhoods and districts
- How to order pizza like a real New Yorker
Would you like to learn more about New York? Try these articles:
- Why you Need an English Tutor in New York
- New York English Lesson: How to Find an Apartment
- NYC English: Tips and Advice on Riding the Subway
Thanks for taking the video quiz! If this lesson was helpful, please join our Facebook community and get updates every time we publish a new article or lesson!
Photo credit: guneyc