Do you ever wonder how to describe good, bad, or neutral smells in English?
If you are like many students, you probably don't have all the vocabulary words that you need to describe specific situations.
If you want to be able to describe your everyday experiences to the English speakers around you then you should know how to do this.
Check out today's lesson to learn how to describe smells.
1) How to describe good smells
- "That smells so nice!"
- "Mmmm smells great"
- "It smells yummy (delicious)"
- "It has such a nice smell, what is that?"
- "That smells amazing!"
2) How to describe neutral smells
- "I can't smell anything."
- "I don't smell anything."
- "It doesn't smell like anything."
- "It doesn't have a smell."
- "There's no smell."
3) How to describe bad smells
- "Ew, that smells terrible."
- "That's gross."
- "That really stinks."
- "It's stinky."
- "That's nasty"
Was this article helpful for you? Please let me know in the comments. Next we will have an article about how to describe tastes in English!
What else do you want to learn?? Let me know by email or in the comments.
Thanks for reading and good luck with your English this week!