Culture | The Iceberg

Similar to an iceberg, only 10% of culture is visible from the surface. To gain cultural competence and function successfully in a diverse world, we need to explore the remaining 90%.


what is culture







What is Culture?

"Culture consists of concepts, values, and assumptions about life that guide behavior and are widely shared by people... (and) are transmitted generation to generation, rarely with explicit instructions, by parents...and other respected elders."


-Brislin and Yoshida (as cited in Crossing Cultures with Competence, Trainer Guide)