If you would like to improve your business English skills then you are in the right place!
In our previous post, we gave you some English for business phrases on how to open a business meeting.
Today we will offer some phrases for the middle of the meeting. How do you introduce the first topic of the meeting, transition to a new topic and keep your colleagues focused?
As the leader of the meeting, you will need to be able to do this in English with a high level of fluency and professionalism.
Improve your business English skills and take a look at the suggestions below for some phrases that you can use during your next meeting.
Don't prepare for your meeting alone!
Let Lindsay guide you with this instantly downloadable course
Get the 12 phrases you MUST know to succeed in your meeting
Introducing the First Topic:
- "I'd like to direct your attention to..."
- "Please turn your attention to..."
- The first item on the agenda is..."
- "Let's start with..."
- "We'll open today's meeting with..."
Transitioning to the Next Topic:
- "Let's transition to our next item of business"
- "Why don't we move on"
- "Moving on, let's take a look at...."
- "Next, I'd like to discuss..."
- "Let's shift our attention to..."
Keeping Attendees Focused:
- "Let's get back to the main point"
- "We've gotten off course, let's return to..."
- "We have sidetracked a bit, let's look at..."
- "Going back to our main objective for today..."
- "Let's try to focus"
Do you know how Americans conduct business meetings differently from people in your country? Get 3 tips for your next business meeting with Americans